Google voice is great to have another number. You can use this number for business, or just to have another number in any state. When you sign up for Google voice, all activity is recorded. You can go online view call history, voicemails, text messages. If someone leaves a voice mail, Google voice tries to transcript it. You can now use voice and video capabilities in your Google Chrome properties i.e., Gmail, Google+, Orkut. From within these services, you can have an actual conversation with someone, or even chat face to face over video.
- Download the voice and video chat plug in, quit all open browser windows, and install plug in.
- Sign in to Gmail, Google+, iGoogle, Orkut, or your Chrome OS device.
Google voice can also be used through mobile phones.
- To start using Google Voice, you can start by going on your mobile phone and type in m.Google.com/ Voice.
- There you can download the Google voice app.
- When you download the app, it will prompt you for Gmail information.
- Once you do that, it will prompt you to choose a Google voice number.
- You can use your mobile number to be synced up, or choose a new number that is strictly Google voice.
All features of Google voice that are on your mobile phone are also on the computer. When having Google voice, you can make phone and send a text from your computer.