The world’s most secure email is Gmail which is a product from Google. You can maximize your security in Gmail by enabling the 2 step verification process. Gmail provides two layers of protection for their mail users i.e., 2 step verification.
It’s very simple and easy to activate the 2 step verification for the Gmail account. Here it follows,
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Go to the Account settings, available under the drop down box at the top right corner.
- Click on the Security from the links available at the left side of the Accounts settings page of Google.
- There you find a 2 Step Verification Status as OFF.
- The setup starts with the first stage of the Four.
- Where you will be asked for the phone number to which the code to send and the format of the code ie., Via Text message or Via Voice Calls.
- After providing all the details, click on the Send Code button. A Verification code will be sent to your phone number as per your registered option.
- Provide the Verification Code sent to your phone number and click verify.
- Asks you whether the computer using is a trusted one?
- Confirm the activation of 2 step verification with the appropriate settings for your Gmail account by clicking the Confirm button available on the fourth stage.
- Now whenever you login into the Gmail you will be asked for the verification code send by the Google to authenticate the User.
- A 2 step verification setup page opens. In that Click on the Start Setup button.