Once if you have successfully created your Gmail account, you can get into your account to have a easiest, fast and secure communication. Gmail also allows you to use most of the popular clients like, Outlook, Thunderbird using the free POP3 protocol that comes with it. To sign in to gmail.com users need to visit URL www.gmail.com, now you can see the Sign in box on the right of the page. Enter your username and password, you can also opt for an additional option Stay signed in. This option will keep your Gmail session even after you have closed the browser.
Once you entered your username and password, you will be signed in and redirected to your Gmail account page. If you enter a wrong username or password, error will be shown and you will need to retrieve the Gmail account. You must make sure that you have entered correct username and password to avoid errors and to get in to your Gmail account properly. If you have trouble in sign in, you can click on the link cant access your account and it will show you the next step, how to get in to your Gmail account.
To disable 2- Step verification, visit the using 2-step verification page under your Google Account Settings.
- Sign in with your username, password and verification code if prompted.
- Click Turn off 2- Step verification.
- A pop- up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2- step verification.
- Click OK.
If you used application specific passwords to authorize applications to access your Google Account, it recommends you to go back to using passwords rather than application specific passwords to access these applications. In this way you can revoke your application specific passwords so nobody else can use them. Visit the Authorizing applications and sites page under your Goolge Account Settings. Click Revoke for any application or device whose code you want to revoke. For each application that you revoked an application specific password, you will need to reauthorize the application by entering your username and password, as you did before you turned on 2 step verification. You might not be prompted for this information the next time you use the application as some applications will take longer to recognized that an application specific password has been revoked.
The world’s most secure email is Gmail which is a product from Google. You can maximize your security in Gmail by enabling the 2 step verification process. Gmail provides two layers of protection for their mail users i.e., 2 step verification.
It’s very simple and easy to activate the 2 step verification for the Gmail account. Here it follows,
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Go to the Account settings, available under the drop down box at the top right corner.
- Click on the Security from the links available at the left side of the Accounts settings page of Google.
- There you find a 2 Step Verification Status as OFF.
- The setup starts with the first stage of the Four.
- Where you will be asked for the phone number to which the code to send and the format of the code ie., Via Text message or Via Voice Calls.
- After providing all the details, click on the Send Code button. A Verification code will be sent to your phone number as per your registered option.
- Provide the Verification Code sent to your phone number and click verify.
- Asks you whether the computer using is a trusted one?
- Confirm the activation of 2 step verification with the appropriate settings for your Gmail account by clicking the Confirm button available on the fourth stage.
- Now whenever you login into the Gmail you will be asked for the verification code send by the Google to authenticate the User.
- A 2 step verification setup page opens. In that Click on the Start Setup button.
Google’s free Gmail is a powerful and capable email client that can do much more than just send and receive email. Multiple sign in is most convenient to use on devices that you don’t share with other people. If you use multiple sign in, the first account you use to sign in during that browser session will be your default account for the rest of that session. If you visit other Google products that don’t support multiple accounts after you have signed in, you will automatically sign in to your default account for that product.
To create multiple accounts in Gmail:
- If you don’t have another account, immediately created another account in Gmail.
- Once you have made a few accounts as needed, go to the products that supports multiple sign in, using an account that has multiple sign in enabled.
- Click an arrow at the top right corner of the profile.
- Then click add account.
- On the opened page, enter your email address and password for the account you want to access, and click login.
- Once you signed in to more than one account in the same browser, you can easily switch accounts in the same tab.
- Just click your name or email address at the top and click on the email address you would like to sign in like, Gmail, Google+, YouTube, Finance, Calendar, Alerts, News, Maps, Profiles, Voice, Web Search, Sites, Docs.
If you make a typo or regret sending a message, you can undo the action by enabling the “Undo send” lab. This lab will give you the option to take back a message you just sent. Gmail can hold back delivering emails for some seconds after you have clicked Send. You can unsend an email and recover from false recipients, spelling mistakes and may be forgotten attachments. This feature is hidden from view and most users have no hint about it but the button can save you and your job at any cost. This lab will give you the option to take back a message you just sent.
To take back an email shortly after you have sent it in Gmail:
- Click the Settings gear in your Gmail’s toolbar.
- Choose the Settings from menu that has come up.
- Go to the Labs tab.
- Click Save changes.
- Open the General category.
- Pick the desired time to undo message delivery for Send cancellation period.
- Click Save changes.
- Make sure Undo Send is enabled.
- After having sent an email in Gmail:
- Click cancel immediately.
- Click Undo when it appears or press z.
- Make any desired changes to the message, then send again.